If you are playing with your children and you are not praying, what are you doing? Drawing on the last ounces of strength after a long day at work? Then ask for the grace of strength to play with your kids, the grace to listen to your kids and the grace to help form your children in the Faith. Give thanks to God for the gift of your children and pray for them and with them.
Pray without ceasing. Cooperate with the Holy Spirit.
Simple Ways to Pray
- Make the Sign of the Cross slowly and with attention to each word to help you to dispose yourself to God the Holy Trinity.
- Notice beauty, truth and goodness and give thanks to God for such moments: a beautiful sky or flowering plant or a smile; a moment of truth that brings clarity; the goodness of an act of kindness.
- Offer your joys and sorrows, triumphs and sufferings to God and invite Him to enter into your life through those windows into your soul.
- Keep the Name of Jesus in your heart by silently or quietly recalling His Name. Is He calling Your name? Of course He is. How will you respond?
- Pray the Our Father slowly every day, and mean... every... word.