- Go to confession. The devil hates humility.
- Accept suffering joyfully. The devil wants to bring us down, polluting our minds with temptations to despair. Embracing suffering robs the devil of the satisfaction he derives from a situation when a child of God loses his footing. Accepting suffering is difficult, if not impossible, without grace. God gives grace and peace to those who understand that, just as the wounds in Jesus' Divine body open in Him a place for us, our physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual crosses open in us a place for the love and mercy of God to enter into our lives to transform suffering into prayer and encounter with God our Creator.
- Be faithful to the Church, warts and all. Catholics speak of the Church as a person—e.g., Holy Mother Church, the Bride of Christ, Mother and Teacher (Mater et Magistra). Jesus loves His Bride the Church. We should, too.
- Love Mary, the Mother of God. The devil fears Mary, for she crushes Satan beneath her feet. Pray the Rosary.
- Give generously to the Church. The secular media and liberal progressives do not want the Church to expand; they want the Church to die. By offering one's time and energy in support of one's parish, by sharing one's material resources and expertise with one's pastor and parish, one defies the attempts of the devil to rob the Church of support for her mission. Our support to our parishes enables the spread of the Gospel. Laugh at the devil by keeping a generous heart that bears fruit in and through acts of charity, generous donations of material support, of time and of talent.
- Invite your persecutors to Mass.
So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter (2 Thess. 2:15). Guard what has been entrusted to you. Avoid the godless chatter and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge, for by professing it some have missed the mark as regards faith (1 Tim. 6:21-22).