Iesus Christus Dominus est. Jesus Christ is Lord.
Laudetur Iesus Christus! Praised be Jesus Christ!
Christianity is about a person—Jesus Christ. Through His Church, Jesus invites you to enter into a loving communion with Him and the Church He founded. The Catholic family embraces all people in the name of Christ.
- Faith is a gift of God. There is hope, and joy and peace which only Jesus can give. Know that Jesus forgives all sins. No matter what you've done in the past, Jesus loves you and wants you to be with Him. The way to life is to trust in Jesus for the help to leave behind every obstacle to His free gift of love.
- Pray! Ask Jesus to reveal Himself to you. Ask for the gift of faith (Hint: if you're willing to ask, you're already halfway there!). Pray and really mean what you say. Ask for forgiveness for any and all wrongs you have committed. Leave your old life behind. Be ready to follow Jesus wherever He leads you.
- Meet with a priest and ask to be instructed in the Faith.
- Read the Holy Bible. Start with the Holy Gospel according to Saint Mark. Read Holy Scripture with the constant thought that God is speaking to you. Savour every word. Find yourself, your story, in the various stories told in Scripture. There are lots of versions of the Bible available. Find a Catholic Bible that is not a paraphrase. The Revised Standard Version-Catholic Edition is a fine version. Read the Bible along with a reliable Catholic commentary on Holy Scripture [link]. Read the Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church [link].
- Accept Jesus as Lord of your life. Strive to be like Him in all things. Love God and love your neighbour. Love your enemies; pray for your persecutors (St. Matthew 5:44; St. Luke 6:28; Romans 12:14). Ask God for the grace to grow in holiness, in likeness to Jesus.
- Enter into an intimate communion with Jesus Christ and the Church that He founded on the Apostle Peter by being baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- Attend Holy Mass and, once you have been received into the Church, receive the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ.
- Embrace the Gospel on a daily basis.
- When you stumble, go to confession and ask for forgiveness and be restored to a closer friendship with God and His Church. Have the honesty to examine your life and to make the necessary course corrections as often as necessary as you seek to grow in holiness (Catechism 1422).
- Ask the saints in heaven, and friends on earth, to pray for you. Ask your guardian angel for help (Saint Matthew 18:10).
Proof that Catholics love reason and reason with love.
The Catholic Church is the home of many if not most of the greatest scientists and saints, philosophers, mathematicians, engineers, astronomers, physicists, musicians, artists, architects, poets, doctors, nurses, etc. Catholics invented the scientific method. The Catholic Church is the largest non-governmental relief, service and educational organization in the world. Catholics invented hospitals and universities. The chant and sacred polyphony of the Catholic Church form a treasury of artistry which is the foundation of all great western music.
The Holy Spirit is our Teacher. He teaches us through the Magisterium of the Church, all those faithful bishops in union with the Bishop of Rome who hand on the Catholic and Apostolic Faith.
Seek out a Catholic priest or a faithful layperson and ask to know more about Jesus and His Gospel of love.