So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter (2 Thess. 2:15). Guard what has been entrusted to you. Avoid the godless chatter and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge, for by professing it some have missed the mark as regards faith (1 Tim. 6:21-22).

Friday, February 6, 2015

Death to Canada

Drenched in Blood

The Grim Reaper Supreme Court of Canada has made possible physician assisted suicide. As a nation, we have entered another phase in the rising darkness, the culture of death.

There should be no surprise that a society which has abandoned religion and hope should choose the path of death. Hollow men and women never cease in their attempts to hollow out the rest of the population and make us conform to their empty view of man. Furthermore, any action that seeks to dominate life that belongs to God is an affront to God. How dare we assume that we have a right to end our life? For any true Christian, the fact remains that one's life belongs to God, not to oneself nor the state.

The Court is severing the last tenuous strands of Judeo-Christian thought from our society. Our nation is just another statistic in the war on life. The Supreme Court has euthanized common sense.

While secular society is imploding, we in the Church should ensure that no government nor any court will force anyone against his or her conscience to participate in barbaric practices which the Supreme Sophists conclude are "compassionate end-of-life medical procedures".

There is nothing compassionate about suicide, assisted or otherwise. Suicide puts one's soul at risk of eternal damnation. Even in the saddest of cases when an individual chooses to end the mental anguish of depression, suicide is a concession to despair. The Supreme Court has chosen despair over authentic compassion for people who are suffering and who only see suffering as a cause for self-termination. The pro-euthnasia camp is not merely promoting self termination. The pro-death lobbyists demand to have a physician intervene to terminate a life. Everywhere that demand has been met innocent people have been put to death against their will because someone or some death panel of we-who-know-best masters of life and death has determined it is best to terminate those who have been defined down as less than human.

As Catholics, we must share the Faith as a remedy to the present course our country is taking. The Church teaches there is no need to fear death if one is in a state of grace. Thank God for the great gift of confession! For the Christian baptized into the death and resurrection of Jesus, death holds no sway. Jesus has conquered death. Suffering can be grafted to the sufferings of Jesus. The offering up of our sufferings to Jesus allows us to be penetrated by grace. Every wound we bear is an opening to grace, the grace to bear suffering which purifies us and brings us closer to God.

As Catholics, we have clear teaching we can draw upon with regards to the alleviation of pain and authentic end-of-life care. There are morally acceptable ways to approach suffering and dying. 
http://www.priestsforlife.org/euthanasia/euthrefl.html
Words to the wise: unless you want a family member or some death panel playing lightly with your life, in the event of a catastrophic accident or condition that renders you incapacitated, start writing your advance medical care directive now before it's too late. Keep it simple; don't make it broad. Simply insist that, in the event of serious illness that renders you unconscious and/or mentally incapacitated, you be treated in full accord with the teachings of the Catholic Church. Place your body and soul under the authority and protection of your local Ordinary, i.e., the diocesan bishop. Be sure to have that document notarized by a lawyer or notary public. You might be wise to submit a copy to your parish and insist it be kept on file.

Abortion, alternative lifestyles, contraception, divorce, euthanasia: dare we ask what's next?
Hippocratic Oath 
I swear by Apollo the physician that I will observe and keep this underwritten oath, to the utmost of my power and judgment.

I will reverence my master who taught me the art. Equally with my parents, will I allow him things necessary for his support, and will consider his sons as brothers. I will teach them my art without reward or agreement; and I will impart all my acquirement, instructions, and whatever I know, to my master's children, as to my own; and likewise to all my pupils, who shall bind and tie themselves by a professional oath, but to none else.

With regard to healing the sick, I will devise and order for them the best diet, according to my judgment and means; and I will take care that they suffer no hurt or damage.

Nor shall any man's entreaty prevail upon me to administer poison to anyone; neither will I counsel any man to do so. Moreover, I will get no sort of medicine to any pregnant woman, with a view to destroy the child.

Further, I will comport myself and use my knowledge in a godly manner.

Whatsoever house I may enter, my visit shall be for the convenience and advantage of the patient; and I will willingly refrain from doing any injury or wrong from falsehood, and (in an especial manner) from acts of an amorous nature, whatever may be the rank of those who it may be my duty to cure, whether mistress or servant, bond or free.
If I faithfully observe this oath, may I thrive and prosper in my fortune and profession, and live in the estimation of posterity; or on breach thereof, may the reverse be my fate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A multitude of wise men is the salvation of the world(.)—Wisdom 6:24. Readers are welcome to make rational and responsible comments. Any comment that 1) offends human dignity and/or 2) which constitutes an irrational attack on the Catholic Faith will not go unchallenged. If deemed completely stupid, such a comment will most assuredly not see the light of day. Them's the rules. Don't like 'em? Move on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...